Pilonidal Cyst Prevention
Pilonidal cyst is a type of cyst you can get at the bottom of your tailbone. Once infected, it is called “pilonidal abscess,” , which can cause pain and nuisance for the patients.
It looks like a large pimple. This disease is more common in men than in women. People having the higher chances of suffering are those who sit a lot like bus and truck drivers.
Pilonidal cysts can be treated through surgery. However, it is possible for us to avoid this problem. You just need to follow these useful tips:
- Always keep the suffered area clean and dry.
- Avoid sitting for a long time on hard surfaces.
- Remove hair from the area usually by shaving with care
- If your job requires prolonged periods of sitting, then take breaks in between and walk around.
- If you are overweight, then you need to lose the excess weight.