Do you want to know clear signs and symptoms of kidney infection? Moreover, you probably want to know about causes and risk of kidney infection to prevent re-infection in the feature. There are two main groups of kidney infection such as uncomplicated kidney infection and complicated kidney infection. Kidney infection is common in women and due to urinary tract infection. However, almost kidney infection in women is milder than men because of anatomy.
Risk of kidney infection
- Sexually activities
- Kidney stone
- Using urinary catheters
Causes of kidney infection
Bacteria are the most common reason which cause to kidney or urinary tract infections. When bacteria appears in the urinary system such as vagina, anus or skin perhaps lead to kidney infection.
Symptoms of kidney infection
- Urination problems such as: painful, urgent and accompany blood.
- Back pain
Otherwise, kidney infection probably includes some other symptoms like shaking, abdominal pain and fatigue.
Complication of kidney infection
If kidney infection could not treat properly, it might lead to some serious complications such as: permanent kidney damage, kidney failure, blood poisoning and other problems.
How to treat kidney infection
You can use home remedies to treat at home such as:
- Drink enough of water or fluid: Stay hydrated is an important way to prevent kidney stone. Otherwise, lemon juice or herbal teas also help reduce inflammation. Try to drink at least 2 liters per day. In more words, when you get kidney infection, your body lost much urine so that you probably provide enough water.
- Quit smoking and alcohol: There are some certain chemicals which affect to your healing process and damage your kidney so that you should avoid smoking and drinking alcohol when you get kidney infection.
- Use honey combine with apple cider vinegar: honey is one of the great remedy which uses for skin care, sore throat, hematoma and cough. The apple cider vinegar contains many useful acids which reduce infection and prevent complication of kidney infection.
- Diet: Try to eat more nutrient foods such as cauliflower, yogurt, berries, fatty fish, vitamin C rich fruits and more. These foods have antioxidant and probiotic which support digestive system. What’s more, these are good for recovery from kidney infection.
After you applied some home remedies, the symptoms could not ease even though they are more serious, you should consider seeking a medical attention to take antibiotic for kidney infection.